Launch February 2021
HARLEY-DAVIDSON® PAN AMERICA™
Adventure Touring Motorcycle
Harley-Davidson Pan America EXPERIENCE Catalog
Harley-Davidson Pan America ACCESSORIES Catalog
Harley-Davidson Pan America RIDING GEAR Catalog
TOURING BECOMES DETOURING
The Harley-Davidson® Pan America™; equal parts campfire, wanderlust, and grit. This is our two-wheel multi-tool built to endure, designed to explore, and engineered for full-send. H-D ADV; find your way home.
The Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250; equal parts campfire, wanderlust, and grit. This is our two-wheel multi-tool built to endure, designed to explore, and engineered for full-send. H-D ADV; find your way home.
Powering the new Pan America™ model is the new liquid-cooled 1,250cc Revolution® Max engine. Created to power a range of new Harley-Davidson® models, the Revolution® Max is designed to offer flexible performance with a broad powerband that builds to a surge of high-RPM power. Minimizing weight and maximizing performance, the Revolution® Max provides a narrow powertrain profile that is integrated into the motorcycle as a stressed member of the frame to enhance center of gravity and handling. The fully balanced powertrain has an internal counter balancer that mitigates primary engine vibration to enhance rider comfort and improve vehicle durability. Its design is bold and contoured, classic and contemporary, strong and svelte – a representation of Harley-Davidson® performance and style.
Revolution® Max 1250 Engine Performance Targets
- Displacement 1250cc
- More than 145 horsepower
- More than 90 ft. lbs. peak torque
Revolution® Max Engine Technical Features
- Liquid-Cooled V-Twin Architecture
- Since 1909 the V-Twin engine has been the centerpiece for legendary Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. This lineage continues into the middleweight performance space with the Revolution® Max engine.
- A 60-degree vee angle of the cylinders provides space for dual down draft throttle bodies that maximize air flow and increase performance.
- Liquid cooling maintains a controlled engine temperature for consistent performance in changing environmental and riding situations.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT COLLABORATION - BRAKING AND TIRE
To optimize performance of the new Pan America™ model, Harley-Davidson® tapped into the expertise of world class component manufacturers to deliver bespoke solutions for braking and tire performance. For braking, Harley-Davidson® collaborated with Brembo® to create a new radial monoblock four-piston caliper that combines sharp edges with softer curves designed to create a style that complements the personality of the bike and delivers outstanding braking feel and capability. For tires, Michelin® and Harley-Davidson® have worked closely to develop co-branded tires for each motorcycle model that optimize performance, feel and grip in all conditions.
*Prototype model shown. Production model features will vary. Not yet available for sale. All future models shown may not be available in all markets.
The Harley-Davidson® Pan America™ 1250cc - Coming 2021
Launching in 2021 is the first Harley-Davidson® adventure touring motorcycle, the Pan America™ 1250cc. The commanding riding position allows the rider to see the world from another point of view. Travel coast-to-coast. On road or off. All while experiencing your own adventures.
"Harley-Davidson will produce a full-on adventure bike called the Pan America for 2021. It’s shown jumping in the video and doing things we expect a liter-class adventure motorcycle to do. Engine displacement will be 1,250cc using what Harley-Davidson describes as a modular middleweight engine platform.
“It’s rugged, it’s capable, and I think what’s important is we did it our way,” Kumbier said. “There are a lot of different adventure-touring products out there but certainly our style and our approach is truly Harley-Davidson.”
Aside from saying the bike will have “a lot of advanced technology,” specs are essentially nonexistent as the motorcycle shown is a prototype, just as all the other products shown are."
News Articles About the Harley-Davidson® Pan America™:
- CycleWorld – “Think about the riders this bike can attract…”
- MCN – “The Pan America isn’t just one of the most advanced Harleys ever, it’s arguably one of the most advanced adventure bikes ever.”
- CNET – “Adventure bike enthusiasts should be really excited.”
- MOTORRAD (#1 moto title in Germany) – “Is This Harley the BMW GS Killer?”
- Moto Mag (leading magazine in France) – “It's an understatement to say that everyone can't wait to try them out and see how Harley-Davidson is positioned in this new segment."
- Motorbike.es: Spain – “We are facing a historical milestone!”
- Auto Evolution
- Boss Hunting
- Classic Cars
- Man of Many
- Retail News Asia
- Thunder Press